Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Haitian experience in America.

I made a video on YouTube, maybe it was too honest; for me to put myself out there to "dry" but I felt like, it had to be done. So, many Haitian "that" grow up in America in the 80's  "understand" your story , of mistreatment is not uniquely yours, but the collective experience. I understand; we are shape but our pass and experiences. I have to be honest, for a long time ; I didn't want to admit "to" the awful treatment ,at the hands of "other" black groups that deem ; my group as inferior. I didn't want to admit for a long time; it was my Haitian condition that set, other groups"ahead" of mines. I knew by the age of 12, people hate what is different, and what they don't understand. In most of this Hate is fuel by foolishness; I put out there in the holp at "least" one, Ayitian/Haitian person, may heal from the pass; understanding. I too was a victim of Hate; fuel by western corporate media need to produce a weak link or an inferior race; so "their" peoples can feel good, "at" the experience of Haiti Story being distorted , beyond measurement. I hope this will bless, and up lift the hurting Ayitian/Haitian  who grow up in America or as a matter fact, out side of their, country "who" never had closure of the pass pain. I understand "they " did it out of pure ignorance; and the hate of what is different. People hate "what " is different, they could and sometime kill it cause it is different.
Let me know "what" your experience was, like? In did this article relate to your Haitian experience in America , or was it completely off? Anyone that know me, knows Please don't add American in fronto f my Haitian or after my Haitian. It was made real clear to me, at an  early age. I wasn't; and as an adult," I choice" never to be call or allow anyone to call me, America-Haitian or Haitian-American; I am just a Haitian , a woman; with a unique look at the world. In Yes, there is nothing , wrong with being Haitian cause I am .There is healing in telling each other, our story.

No comments:

Post a Comment